Are you a Carer?
A Carer is someone who voluntarily looks after a friend, relative or physically/mentally disabled child who needs support to live at home. Carers come from all age ranges and are not always women. Some Carers may already be known to the practice, but many still need to be identified. Please let us know if you are or have a Carer.
Useful services: for Carers
- District Nurse – Contact Surgery 01236 772249
- Macmillan Nurse – discuss with GP, Practice Nurse or District Nurse
- Chiropodist–01236 772271
- Community Dentist –01236 772245
- Health Visitor – 01236 772254
- Referral Management 0300 303 0249
- Family Planning 0300 303 0251
- EPASS ? 01236 763298
- Well Informed 0800 073 0918
- Community mental health clinic 01236 772228
- Optician – 01236 748748
- Carers Together – 01698 404056 www.carerstogether.org A Lanarkshire based Carer support network
- Carers Information – 0800 028 0287 available every weekday 9.30am–4.30pm advice on rights/practical help supported by Lanarkshire Carers Centre, North Lanarkshire Council and Carers Together.
- (Picture above) Wellwynd Practice Dr Ian McHardy Nurse Debbie Timmons Boyd Mrs Marta Laird and Mrs Yvonne Cameron Co-ordinator for Carers Together. This picture is an example of good partnership working with our Practice team and Carers Together. This picture has been published in a Carers Together Newsletter.